Wisconsin

I love Wisconsin. Yes, I did grow up here and I did escape when I was 20 to SDSU as a Junior transfer from UW. but it will always be part of my soul and who I am.

I just arrived at my sisters farm, 40 acres in SW Wisconsin near Lone Rock where I grew up.  My siser and her husband Jack built a beuatful house and a big red barn overlooking quiet meadows and hills.  The "Bump" as it is called, is an amazing retreat from the hectic life of San Diego. What I love most is the quiet, the green color palette and the rain.

Thi morning I awoke to lightening and thunder at 5 am.  I was so thrilled I jumped out of bed, made a cup of tea and headed to the deck to enjoy the show which ended after an hour with a quiet soft rain.


When I arrived yesterday, it was sunny and warm.  I love getting to the top of the hill to see this.

 
I was happy to see the red barn but sad that there seems to be a declining number of "red" barns in Wisconsin.  Way to many white barns.



Comments