RoadTrip 2017 - Getting Ready and Clearing the Mind

We are getting ready to leave on a five-week 5,000 mile road trip to northern national parks and across the country to Wisconsin and return to San Diego.  Last year a did a similar trip solo and I am really looking forward to this first long road trip with Bobbi since her retirement in January.

Camping gear laid out and ready

Road trips are great times to clear the mind and to enter a new routine of observation of life.  Clearing the mind of life's worries and stresses is possible because the road trip gives one time to reflect during long hours driving and relax time spent in nature.  Observations of life in other places gives us insight into our own existence and hopefully some insight into the lives and thoughts of others who live in the places we visit on our travels.

That's what I hope to achieve during the next five weeks, enjoying the moment, enjoying mountains, trees and streams, and enjoying time to reflect.

I hope to post to this blog along the way, to share my experiences with myself and with anyone who wants to join us.
Our route

After a two day drive, our first stop will be Grand Teton National Park.  We will take a wildlife tour with a nature guide and hopefully get a campsite for a few days on Jenny Lake.  We will also do a full day tour of Yellowstone with a wildlife guide starting from our hotel in Jackson, WY.

Then we drive north to a campground west of Yellowstone National Park and spend a few more days exploring that area and park.

After Yellowstone its north to Glacier National Park where we will stay in Glacier Guides Lodge and do a river float (not white water) and explore.  Then we have three nights in a campground on Lake McDonald right in the park.

From there we head east to North Dakota to camp in Theodore Roosevelt National Park.  I look forward to exploring that new environment in a less crowded national park.  From there it is on to Wisconsin to spend 4th of July with my sisters and relatives.  After the 4th we take the long drive back to San Diego.

I look forward to sharing my observations on my blog along the way.


Comments

Unknown said…
I'm coming with you!