Slowing Down in France

On our second day in France I already feel myself slowing down. I'm not checking emails every five minutes, I'm keeping Facebook checks to a minimum and starting to just enjoy slow meals in restaurants. 

 Since we have arrived I have seen no fast food places at all, each small town we visit has just a few small restaurants.  And the French eat only between 12-2 for lunch and  7-9 for dinner.  If you miss those times you are out of luck, restaurants just seem to close down in between.

We left this morning around 10 after a slow and late breakfast of croissants yogurt and granola.then we took a slow drive on narrow roads to visit three chateau with lunch in the medieval town of Chinon. Each chateau was full of history and beauty. Loire Valley really was the vacation home Mecca of the French aristocracy and royalty. We returned to Chateau Villaine by 7:30 and headed out to dinner at 8 in nearby Conery. We finished just before 10 and it was still light out! 

I'm already getting to like slow, driving slow, eating slow, drinking slow and touristing slow. I am looking forward to another slow day tomorrow of more Chateaus and gardens. Best chateau of the day, Azay le Rideau. 


Comments